Colombia does not stop presenting casualties on match days against Peru by South American Qualifiers. This time, Jefferson Lerma He was dismissed for testing positive for COVID-19. Reinaldo Rueda will face the duel in Barranquilla with many absences.
“The Colombian Football Federation informs that the player Jéfferson Lerma has been called off for the games against Peru and Argentina for the qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, because the midfielder tested positive for covid-19, according to what he told us. reported his club, he wrote in the statement.
So far, a new footballer has not been called up in his position, but Colombia announced the call for the Granada striker and former teammate of Luis Abram, Luis Suarez. Previously, Rueda called the Corinthians midfielder from Brazil, Victor Cantillo in replacement of louis muriel and received criticism from the ‘coffee’ press.
Lerma joins Muriel, who was disaffected because she was not in optimal health conditions to travel to her country. The Atalanta striker stayed in Italy and will not be an option in the attack of the Colombian team. Previously, his teammate, Duvan Zapata he was not included in the list because he is also recovering from an injury.
SQUAD LIST OF COLOMBIA
– David Ospina – SC – Naples (ITA)
– Camilo Vargas – Atlas (MEX)
– Andrés Mosquera – Independent Medellin (COL)
– Dávinson Sánchez – Tottenham Hotspur (ING)
– Yerry Mina – Everton (ING)
– Oscar Murillo – CF Pachuca (MEX)
– Daniel Munoz – KRC Genk (BEL)
– Freddy Hinestroza – Junior (COL)
– Johan Mojica – Elche CF (ESP)
– Stefan Medina – C.F. Monterrey (MEX)
– William Tesillo – Club Leon (MEX)
– Diego Valoyes – Workshops (ARG)
– Gustavo Cuellar – Al-Hilal (KSA)
– Víctor Cantillo- Corinthians (BRA)
– James Rodríguez – Al-Rayyan (QAT)
– Juan Guillermo Cuadrado – Juventus (ITA)
– Matheus Uribe – FC Porto (POR)
– Stiven Alzate – Brighton & Hove Albion F. C. (ING)
– Wílmar Barrios – Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS)
– Alfredo Morelos – Rangers (ESC)
– Harold Preciado – Deportivo Cali (COL)
– Luis Diaz – FC Porto (POR)
– Luis Suarez – Granada (ESP)
– Miguel Angel Borja – Junior (COL)
– Radamel Falcao Garcia – Rayo Vallecano (ESP)
– Rafael Santos Borre – Eintracht Frankfurt (ALE)
– Yaser Asprilla – Envigado (COL)
– Yimmi Chará – Portland Timbers (USA)
PERU VS. COLOMBIA
The match will take place this Friday, January 28 at 4:00 p.m. (Peruvian time) at the Roberto Meléndez Metropolitan Stadium. This sports complex will have the presence of all the Colombian fans, because the government approved that it be played with 100% capacity.
The peruvian national team He continues his training at the Videna facilities with a view to his trip to Barranquilla. They have been working with players from Major League Soccer, those from the local tournament and some from other leagues that have joined in recent days. In the course of the week, the group will be completed.
The ‘bicolor’ will seek a positive result that will allow them to continue in the qualifying zone for the next World Cup event. Currently, it is in a playoff position with the same score (17 points) as Colombia. Therefore, this match will mean a final for Gareca’s group.